In the Spring of 2023, we surveyed 144 UK-based L&D professionals to gain a better understanding of the current state of their work.
The findings revealed the vital role Learning and Development plays in businesses, governments, and other organisations. Even so, L&D faces significant challenges.
- Compliance is one of the top drivers of training
- Certain soft skills training is prioritised
- Budget is one of the top challenges for L&D professionals
- Most L&D budgets have remained flat in 2023, but many have changed
- Most L&D training materials are produced in-house
- Training courses and classes are short-lived
- Video is used occasionally for training purposes
- Digital immersion: modest adoption but significant benefits
- The quality of training and cost effectiveness are some of the top benefits of VR and AR for L&D
- Online classes and group sessions are the most popular training mediums
- Surveys the most popular method of measuring L&D
- Most believe L&D has an impact on revenue
Get your copy of the full report for more insights into the state of L&D in 2023.